Sunday, April 3, 2011

Confessions of a First-Time Father

I have some things that I want to confess.
I work for NewSpring Thrift.  I believe in our mission.  
I confess...I enjoy what I do.
It's one of the things that drives me to strive for excellence everyday.
I am in all of our stores almost every week...which has its advantages and disadvantages.


I confess I have shopped at thrift stores since I was in my early twenties...which is...a long time.   I have done so because one of the great advantages of shopping at a place like NewSpring is that you can find the same name-brand items that the retail stores carry, for a fraction of the price, so that you can still afford to eat.  Some call that mentality "cheap," I prefer, "frugal," or "thrifty."


I confess, I am 45 years old, and a first-time father of a magnificent six and a half months boy-wonder, named Isaac.  In the last several months, I have discovered another advantage- NewSpring easily the best place to shop for our son, Isaac, who is growing out of clothes so fast, that we are donating clothing almost as fast as we can buy it.  It's kind of like we are just renting his clothes anyways, so Ana and I feel good about "renting" his clothes from NewSpring, because we believe in supporting Africa For Jesus' cause.


So I get to help my son and help our cause simultaneously...a win-win!


The only real disadvantage is that I see something almost every day that my son would be irresistible in, or that he would love to play with.
So, I confess that I am having to learn all over again to not let my emotions govern my shopping habits. (See grocery shopping when hungry.)


I confess...I love my wife...which is why I have a son.
I confess...I love my son...& I love the fact that NewSpring allows me to clothe Isaac...& not go broke doing it.
I confess...I am blessed.


Do you have any blessings to confess today?







No comments:

Post a Comment